- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of ground oatmeal (you can use Oat Bran, or throw traditional flakes into a food processor and grind into a flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt or kefir (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 3-4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 coconut palm sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees C.
- Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl (quinoa, oats, baking powder, coconut palm sugar & cinnamon) omitting the chocolate chips for now.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg, vanilla, yogurt, almond milk, mashed banana).
- Once mixed, you can fold in your dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix in your chocolate chips.
- If using cups or liners, line your muffin tin accordingly. If not using a liner you’ll want to grease your muffin tin using a touch of butter or coconut oil.
- Fill muffin tins to about 3/4.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, until the top is firm and/or a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Once cool enough, remove from the tin and let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
- Enjoyed best warm, with a slather of butter, or coconut butter!!